"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read." -Groucho Marx

Sunday, December 13, 2009

The Mirror of Her Dreams by Stephen R. Donaldson

Rating: 3.0

The Mirror of Her Dreams is a fairly slow fantasy novel. It's about Terisa, a girl from our own world, who travels through a mirror into a world of Stephen R. Donaldson's making. This new world is a place where mirrors are used not for their reflections but for portals into other times and places. This is a world where a King seems to have lost his mind and treachery and betrayal run rife. This is where Terisa questions her role among an overlarge cast of character.

The Mirror of Her Dreams had some interesting aspects that I really enjoyed. I loved the idea of mirrors as portals. Overall though the story seemed to move at a very slow pace. I got bored while reading this. I just wasn't feeling it. I have read much better fantasy but I've also read much worse.

No comments: