"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read." -Groucho Marx

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Cyclops by Clive Cussler


Rating: 5.0

This is one of my favorite Dirk Pitt adventures yet! Cyclops is fast-paced, fun and full of action.

The plot in these Dirk Pitt adventures are usually very intricate and hard to explain. There's a lot going on in Cyclops. The story involves a shipwreck, a secret moon base, the lost La Dorada treasure, a Cuban torture chamber, and of course, the Soviets. I won't go into how all of this ties together, but suffice it to say, it's quite a ride!

I love the adventure most of all in Cussler's books. Well that and Dirk Pitt of course. And Dirk Pitt and adventure go hand in hand. Cussler has a way of bringing that adventure to life. While reading, I always feel I'm right there in the story diving on a sunken shipwreck or sneaking through enemy lines. That's why I just finished my 8th Dirk Pitt adventure and ready to begin my 9th. Bring on the danger and excitement!

No comments: